Martyr Rushikesh Ramani cremated under full state honor(PHOTOS)June 08, 2009
Martyr Rushikesh Ramani cremated under full state honor(PHOTOS)
By our correspondent
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 9 June, 2009
Shahid Major Rushikesh Ramani’s dead body arrived at Ahmedabad airport on Monday evening at 8pm. Late Major was given a guard of honor by the Indian Army at the airport.
Shahid Rushikesh Ramani’s coffin was wrapped in Indian tricolor. Ahmedabad’s Mayor Kanaji Thakor, local MLA Mayaben Kodnani, Gujarat’s cabinet minister Shri Dilipbhai Sanghani were present at the airport to salute the brave shahid.
Later, martyr’s body was taken to his residence in Ahmedabad’s Thakkarbapanagar area. Rushikesh was cremated at Lilanagar crematorium under full state honor late in the night.
Ramani, who hails from Ahmedabad was killed in Kashmir on Sunday while fighting with militants. He killed three militants before he died.
- Work on Vadodara-Mumbai expressway to start in a month, travel time to reduce by 2.5 - 3 hours: Gadkari
- BJP plans two yatras; PM to attend a grand concluding function Gujarat Gaurav Sammelan on October 16
- BJP heading towards another 'very good' victory in Gujarat: Arun Jaitley
- Shankersinh Vaghla extends support to Jan Vikalp front formed by his supporters
- Jaitley, Nirmala in Ahmedabad, Gadkari in Vadodara
- AMC suspends seven engineers over poor roads