“Ambedkar didn’t choose Islam or Christianity for conversion”April 27, 2010
“Ambedkar didn’t choose Islam or Christianity for conversion”
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, 26 April, 2010
Dr. B R Ambedkar always worked for the unity of society and even when he converted, he converted to Buddhism, and not to Christianity or Islam, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi said today.
“Ambedkar gave up Hinduism but did not convert to Muslim or Christianity. He converted to a religion, Buddhism, which was originated in Hindustan like Hinduism,” Modi said here during the release of his book ‘Samajik Samarasta’ which is a compilation of articles and speeches of Modi on Ambedkar and various social issues.
According to Modi, Ambedkar and Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel are two leaders who have not received their due in post-independent India.
Modi said Ambedkar always strived to achieve Samajik Samarasta (social assimilation) in the society which was divided into castes, sects and class.
- In Arun Jaitley’s analysis of exit polls, 6 messages from voters to politicians
- Six nabbed in Gujarat for celebrating Nathuram Godse's birthday
- BSF nabs Pakistani boat in creek area, 2 fishermen also caught
- Amul increases milk prices by Rs. 2 per litre
- NDA would perform better than the predictions of the exit polls: DyCM Nitin Patel
- Gujarat board matriculation/class 10 results to be declared tomorrow