CBI arrests Swami Asimananda from HaridwarNovember 19, 2010
CBI arrests Swami Asimananda from Haridwar
Ahmedabad, 19 November, 2010
Central Congress/UPA government controlled CBI today arrested Hindu Swami Asimananda from Haridwar.
Asimanand whose real name is Jatin Chatterjee is originally from Bengal. He settled in southern Gujarat’s Christian Missionary affected Dang district in year 2001.
He worked aggressively here for reconversation of converted Christians.
His ashram in Dang district is known as Shree Shabari dham ashram. Interestingly Dang district has a village called Subir which is named after famous character of Ramayana well known as ‘Shabari’. Asimananda had organized grand Shabari festival in this missionary affected area several years back.
Asimanand was wanted in mecca masjid blast cases, and was declared absconding.
- Man dies after brutally thrashed in factory in Shapar Veraval; video goes viral
- Gujarat Govt approves Rs.900-crore project to make Tapi River pollution-free; CM launches Rs 492.60 crore projects in Surat
- Rs 61.12 crore Adajan Bus Port opens in Surat
- Rupani asks NRGs in USA to support ‘Jal Sanchay Abhiyan’ in Gujarat
- Gujarat govt, NASSCOM sign MoU to set up Centre of Excellence for IOT at IITGn
- News in brief from across Gujarat