CBI arrests Swami Asimananda from HaridwarNovember 19, 2010
CBI arrests Swami Asimananda from Haridwar
Ahmedabad, 19 November, 2010
Central Congress/UPA government controlled CBI today arrested Hindu Swami Asimananda from Haridwar.
Asimanand whose real name is Jatin Chatterjee is originally from Bengal. He settled in southern Gujarat’s Christian Missionary affected Dang district in year 2001.
He worked aggressively here for reconversation of converted Christians.
His ashram in Dang district is known as Shree Shabari dham ashram. Interestingly Dang district has a village called Subir which is named after famous character of Ramayana well known as ‘Shabari’. Asimananda had organized grand Shabari festival in this missionary affected area several years back.
Asimanand was wanted in mecca masjid blast cases, and was declared absconding.
- Contrary to rumours , I am not going to contest Lok Sabha election: Faisal Ahmed Patel
- Pakistani prisoner dies of lever illness in Bhuj
- Who is Dr. Mahendra Munjapara, a surprise name in BJP LS candidate list for Gujarat
- BJP announces Gujarat candidates for 15 more Lok Sabha seats; total 16 of 26 candidates declared, of them 14 repeated
- Womenfolk hold Maha yagna in Gujarat for re-election of Modi as PM
- Four times ex-MLA in Gujarat Khumansinh Chauhan re-joins Congress party