CBI arrests Swami Asimananda from HaridwarNovember 19, 2010
CBI arrests Swami Asimananda from Haridwar
Ahmedabad, 19 November, 2010
Central Congress/UPA government controlled CBI today arrested Hindu Swami Asimananda from Haridwar.
Asimanand whose real name is Jatin Chatterjee is originally from Bengal. He settled in southern Gujarat’s Christian Missionary affected Dang district in year 2001.
He worked aggressively here for reconversation of converted Christians.
His ashram in Dang district is known as Shree Shabari dham ashram. Interestingly Dang district has a village called Subir which is named after famous character of Ramayana well known as ‘Shabari’. Asimananda had organized grand Shabari festival in this missionary affected area several years back.
Asimanand was wanted in mecca masjid blast cases, and was declared absconding.
- When thousands of people formed image of Goddess Ambika through oil lamps in garba ground
- Dy CM Nitin Patel terms Gohil's ultimatum to CM a cheap publicity stunt
- RIL announces strategic investment in and partnership with Den Networks Ltd and Hathway Cable and Datacom Ltd
- 18,000 slokas of 12 Skandhs of Shrimad Bhagwat Shridhari Tika translated in Gujarati by Ahmedabad based author
- Indian Coast guard saves 2 fishing boats with 19 aboard from being caught by Pak marines off Gujarat coast
- Nakhatrana town observes bandh against BAMSEF propaganda against Hindu beliefs and Gods