Kalsaria’s meeting with Modi brings no concrete solution, march overMarch 17, 2011
Kalsaria’s meeting with Modi brings no concrete solution, march over
Gandhinagar, 17 March, 2011
A delegation led by Mahuva MLA Dr. Kanubhai Kalsaria today met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi at 1.00 pm to discuss solution of controversial Nirma cement plant near Mahuva. Gandhian Chunibhai Vaidya, Youth Congress President of Gujarat Indravijaysinh Gohil were present in the meeting among others.
Kalsaria submitted a memorandum to the Chief Minister, however Modi didn’t promise anything in this meeting and just gave consolations. Kalsaria demanded that government should cancel lease and take back the land awarded to Nirma, however Modi was not in favor of accepting this demand immediately citing reasons related to ongoing judicial process.
Modi was told that the long march was to protest the state government’s overall practice of sacrificing peasant lands for setting up industries.
Modi’s answer was that the government would do whatever appropriate as per the rules on paper.
Thousands of farmers participating in 350-km long march from Doliya in Saurashtra to capital Gandhinagar rested near Pathikashram where the march was ended. The march was declared over at its final destination.
- Jio parters with Star to provide India-Cricket content to Jio users
- Emami Paper Mills Ltd to invest 2,000 crore in Gujarat; foundation stone laid for the plant in Bhauch
- None of 11 lions found dead in 2 ranges of Gir East forest were infected by virus:Gujarat Forest department chief
- PM Modi may visit Gujarat again in next fortnight
- SMC standing committee completes formality about rise in corporators salary
- Rahul's statement against PM shows his sanskar and also that he can lie in parliament: Smriti Irani in Surat