Kalsaria’s meeting with Modi brings no concrete solution, march overMarch 17, 2011
Kalsaria’s meeting with Modi brings no concrete solution, march over
Gandhinagar, 17 March, 2011
A delegation led by Mahuva MLA Dr. Kanubhai Kalsaria today met Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi at 1.00 pm to discuss solution of controversial Nirma cement plant near Mahuva. Gandhian Chunibhai Vaidya, Youth Congress President of Gujarat Indravijaysinh Gohil were present in the meeting among others.
Kalsaria submitted a memorandum to the Chief Minister, however Modi didn’t promise anything in this meeting and just gave consolations. Kalsaria demanded that government should cancel lease and take back the land awarded to Nirma, however Modi was not in favor of accepting this demand immediately citing reasons related to ongoing judicial process.
Modi was told that the long march was to protest the state government’s overall practice of sacrificing peasant lands for setting up industries.
Modi’s answer was that the government would do whatever appropriate as per the rules on paper.
Thousands of farmers participating in 350-km long march from Doliya in Saurashtra to capital Gandhinagar rested near Pathikashram where the march was ended. The march was declared over at its final destination.
- Six journalists honored with Narad Award in a function in Gujarat
- ACB nabs deputy Mamlatdar red handed taking bribe in Central Gujarat
- PM takes spiritual break, takes 2 km trek to a solitary cave near Kedarnath
- Son of Gujarat Congress MLA and party candidate from Rajkot LS seat, dies in road mishap in West Bengal
- Two injured in different incidents of leopard attacks in Gujarat, one in Navasari city
- Day before final phase of polling, BJP chief Amit Shah performs 'Tatkal Mahapuja' at Somnath temple