GMB suspends licenses of 16 boats on Okha-Bet Dwarka routeMarch 18, 2011
GMB suspends licenses of 16 boats on Okha-Bet Dwarka route
Jamnagar, 18 March, 2011
In a welcome step, the Gujarat Maritime Board officials suspended license of 19 boats of Okha-Bet Dwarka route for various reasons.
Some boats are suspended for carrying more passengers then permitted. Some other boats are facing penalty for lack of life jackets. While the government has decided to charge Rs. 8 per passenger, some boat owners were charging Rs. 10 instead. Some boats did not comply with the rule of painting a name and number of the boat on body.
- Lemon Tree Hotels IPO to open on March 26
- Gujarat HC refuses to permit Balwantsinh to make ECI a respondent in RS election plea
- Patient dies due to high pressure oxygen supply at MRI lab facility in Ahmedabad
- Fake call center involved in duping foreigners busted in Ahmedabad
- NCB nabs Nigerian lady from train in Vadodara with drugs worth over Rs 80 lakhs
- AMC health teams collect sample of water etc from road-side vendors a day after this viral video