Farmers to hold rally against proposed Mithivirdi nuclear plantMay 24, 2011
Farmers to hold rally against proposed Mithivirdi nuclear plant
Bhavnagar, 24 May, 2011
Farmers of Saurasthrra’s Bhavnagar district will be organizing a rally at Jasapara on 27 May to protest against proposed Mithivirdi nuclear power plant. The rally will be organized under the banner of ‘Jal Jamin Jangal Bachavo Samiti’.
According to Samiti leaders, site of proposed power station has orchards of mango, sapota,and vegetables. The plant will be constructed in about 780 hector land, and it could adversely affect about 15 km radius area through radiation.
According to former minister and local leader Shri Gordhan Zadafia, the farmers of Jasapara, Mandva and surrounding villages are against proposed power station, and they have so far not allowed any official to even carry out survey for construction of the plant.
Gordhanbhai said that 480 farmers had submitted their signatures to district collector office stating that they were not ready to give their land for nuclear power plant.
- Chhotu Vasava led BTP in poll pact with Congress; will contest 3 seats on own symbol, another 3 on Congress symbol
- Congress releases second list of candidates for Gujarat assembly elections 2017
- Arun Jaitley's interaction with media persons in Ahmedabad
- Rupani couple has Rs 7 crore property, his rival Rajyaguru has Rs 141 crores property
- Gujarat polls, contest between anarchist, divisive forces on one side and stability, growth and progress on the other: Jaitley
- Gujarat BJP announces third list of candidates for assembly polls 2017