Farmers to hold rally against proposed Mithivirdi nuclear plantMay 24, 2011
Farmers to hold rally against proposed Mithivirdi nuclear plant
Bhavnagar, 24 May, 2011
Farmers of Saurasthrra’s Bhavnagar district will be organizing a rally at Jasapara on 27 May to protest against proposed Mithivirdi nuclear power plant. The rally will be organized under the banner of ‘Jal Jamin Jangal Bachavo Samiti’.
According to Samiti leaders, site of proposed power station has orchards of mango, sapota,and vegetables. The plant will be constructed in about 780 hector land, and it could adversely affect about 15 km radius area through radiation.
According to former minister and local leader Shri Gordhan Zadafia, the farmers of Jasapara, Mandva and surrounding villages are against proposed power station, and they have so far not allowed any official to even carry out survey for construction of the plant.
Gordhanbhai said that 480 farmers had submitted their signatures to district collector office stating that they were not ready to give their land for nuclear power plant.
- On DRI inputs Mundra Customs seizes smuggled good from container brought from Dubai
- Rupani to dedicate/launch Rs 494 crore projects in Surat, will open Udyog 2018 exhibition of SGCCI
- BSE’s India INX at GIFT city crosses Rs 2500 crore transaction mark
- PM Modi through power of innovation catapulting India into one of great powers of world:Netanyahu
- PM Modi inaugurates iCreate campus in Gujarat in presence of Israel PM
- Israeli PM accorded grand and colourful welcome in Gujarat, participates in half and hour 8 km long India Cultural Road Show