Gujarat completes 50% of average rain of the seasonAugust 13, 2011
Gandhinagar, 13 August, 2011
Gujarat crossed 50% mark of total average seasonal rain during a year today morning. According to official rain data available the state’s total average rain at 8.00 am on Saturday was 50.92%.
While Saurashtra has received 60.87% rain, the South Gujarat region stands a 43.80%, Kutch 55.75%, East-central Gujarat 46.70% and north Gujarat 55.33%.
Saurashtra’s Rajkot district has so far received highest rain which is 76.46% of total annual average rain.
Kutch district’s Rapar and Sabarkantha’s Khedbrahma are only two talukas that have completed 100% rain of the season so far while Wankaner taluka of Rajkot district stands at 99.50% figure so far.
- Gujarat flood: 21 trains cancelled, 14 short-terminated, five diverted, 1 rescheduled
- Vijapur Congress MLA P.I. Patel resigns, will join BJP
- Congress Chief Whip Balwantsinh Rajput, MLA Tejshriben Patel resign
- PM dedicates Kalam Memorial, flags off a train to Ayodhya at Rameswaram
- Despite heaviest downpour of the season, Airport operations in Ahmedabad normal
- Our Chief Whip Balwantsinh Rajput missing for last two days: Ashok Gehlot