Senior Gujarat BJP MLA Mangaldas Patel passes awayNovember 15, 2011
Gandhinagar, 15 November, 2011
Gujarat Assembly’s former Speaker and Gandhinagar district’s Mansa vidhansabha seat MLA Shri Mangalbhai Patel passed away today morning at Gandhinagar Civil hospital due to illness. He was 68. Late Shri Mangalbhai was one of the senior most MLAs in Gujarat assembly.
Shri Patel started his career with Jansangh. He was President of north Gujarat’s Vijapura taluka unit of Jansangh. He was later made executive member of Jansangh’s Mehsana district committee. Shri Patel was with BJP since its formation. He first became President of BJP’s Vijapur unit and later Mehsana district unit. He was also member of BJP’s national council for some time. Shri Patel was President of Vijapur Taluka Panchayat in initial years of his political career. He was also senate member of Gujarat University and North Gujarat University. Thus Patel had wide experience of politics starting from University level to the level of Speaker of Gujarat assembly.
Shri Patel first became MLA in 1998. He was re-elected in 2002 and 2007. During this period he became Chairman of Panchayati raj committee, BJP’s Chief whip in Vidhansabha and Speaker.
Chief Minister pays homage
Chief Minister Narendra Modi paid homage to former Speaker of Gujarat Legislative Assembly Mangaldas Patel today. Chief Minister went to the deceased’s residence at Parbatpura village near Mansa to offer his last respects.
Praising the Late Patel’s contribution in public life especially for Panchayati Raj and parliamentary activities Chief Minister, in his condolence message, said that Shri Patel’s contribution on the post of Sarpanch of a village to the President of Gujarat Panchayat Parishad was commendable. As a Speaker of Assembly he preserved and enhanced the parliamentary values of Gujarat.
With his death Gujarat has lost a hard working servant of Panchayati Raj. BJP also has lost a sincere worker with his death, said Chief Minister.
- Heat wave likely to make comeback from April 26, Ahmedabad to see Orange level warning initially which might escalate to Red level alert
- Record break 64.11% turnout in Lok Sabha elections 2019 in Gujarat, highest ever in state
- GoAir announces 2 additional flights from Ahmedabad to Mumbai
- Akshay Kumar's non-political interaction with PM Narendra Modi
- Jio fastest with 22.2 mbps download speed in March, Vodafone leads in upload: TRAI
- Taj hotel in Ahmedabad by mid 2020; it will be located on Sindhu Bhavan road