Bet Dwarka to have a new light-house:Shipping minister Informs Rajya Sabha MP Parimal NathwaniDecember 05, 2011
New Delhi, 5 December, 2011
Bet Dwarka in Gujarat, the island on the west coast, will have a light-house. Mr. G. K. Vasan, union minister of shipping informed rajya sabha in a written reply to a member question from Mr. Parimal Nathwani. Mr. Nathwani wanted to know about the details of sites identified for light houses on the coastline of some states.
Besides Bet Dwarka of Gujarat; Valayazhikka of Kerala, Markannam and Vembar of Tamil Nadu; and Devi Point as well as Maipura of Orissa are the other sites identified for new light-houses; it was stated. There is however no proposal for providing tourist facility at these locations, the minister stated.
- Lemon Tree Hotels IPO to open on March 26
- Gujarat HC refuses to permit Balwantsinh to make ECI a respondent in RS election plea
- Patient dies due to high pressure oxygen supply at MRI lab facility in Ahmedabad
- Fake call center involved in duping foreigners busted in Ahmedabad
- NCB nabs Nigerian lady from train in Vadodara with drugs worth over Rs 80 lakhs
- AMC health teams collect sample of water etc from road-side vendors a day after this viral video