BJP wins 82 seats, 2 Municipalities even before electionsJanuary 30, 2013
By our correspondent, Ahmedabad, 30 January 2013
According to a statement issued by the Gujarat BJP, on the last day of withdrawal of nomination forms for 29 January Municipality and 7 February Municipal Corporation elections/by-elections as many as 82 candidates of BJP are elected uncontested. This includes 80 seats of Municipalities and 2 seats of Municipal Corporation.
Gujarat BJP spokesperson said, “Surendranagar district’s Halvad municipality was ruled by Congress, but now BJP has been victorious on all 21 seats unopposed. Similarly BJP has secured 12 out of total 21 seats of Chanasma Municipality uncontested. Thus the party is all set to get power in Chanasma where election is scheduled to take place on 7 February.
In Junagadh Municipal Corporation’s by-poll BJP has won two seats uncontested. In Porbandar district’s Kutiana, 9 candidates of BJP are elected uncontested in Municipality poll. Similarly in Amreli district’s Jafarabad Municipality, the party has won 9 out of total 27 seats uncontested.
BJP candidate has been elected unopposed on one seat of Gandevi Municipality and Kutch district’s Bhuj Municipality. In Vallabh Vidyanagar Municipality BJP has secured victory over four seats unopposed.
- NCB nabs Nigerian lady from train in Vadodara with drugs worth over Rs 80 lakhs
- AMC health teams collect sample of water etc from road-side vendors a day after this viral video
- PM not to come to Madhavpur fair; CMs of North Eastern states to participate
- BJP captures Gandhinagar taluka panchayat
- No truth in reports of my resignation: Bharatsinh Solanki clarifies
- Over 10 office of Samrudh Jeevan cooperative raided and sealed in Gujarat