Mumbai no more suitable, L&T eyes Gujarat, says a reportFebruary 03, 2013
By our correspondent, Mumbai, 3 February 2013
This cover story published in today’s Mumbai Mirror daily under the title ‘L&T eyes Gujarat as traffic makes life hell for engineering giant’ suggests that Larsen & Toubro, one of the India’s largest engineering companies is planning to shift its major engineering works out of Mumbai due to chaotic traffic, congested roads and increasing cost of living in Mumbai. The story quotes L&T spokesperson and says that the company has decided to carry out bigger jobs of the heavy engineering unit at centres such as Hazira near Surat in Gujarat and other places.
Also read: “Unlike Mumbai, Gujarat will not lose its flavour due to development” (Video)
“Gujarat will be Bollywood’s next place of shooting”
Investors will rush to Gujarat from ‘investor unfriendly’ Mumbai:CREDAI
- Rupani lays foundation stone for railway over-bridge at Thangadh, Surendranagar
- Faldu makes formal complain to centre against NAFED in groundnut procurement scam
- JioPhone 2 debuts at Rs 2,999; Flash sale on Jio.Com starts at 12 pm on August 16
- 'Love-letter' of class 2 student to classmate girl in Vadodara city becomes 'talk-of-the-town'
- Rajkot SP suspends 4 cops for security related negligence
- Another arrest in groundnut soil mixing case, businessman who supplied low grade groundnut nabbed