Surat to host half marathon, national book fair, horticulture, herbal, shilpgram fairs this weekFebruary 20, 2013
By our correspondent, Surat, 20 February 2013
The city of Surat will host ‘Surat night half marathon run’ on 23rd of this month. The event will be held in categories of five, ten and twenty one kms.
City police commissioner has declared closure of traffic on Athwa gate to Magdalla tea point stretch from 6.00 pm on 23 February evening.
In another development, Surat Municipal Corporation has organized Swami Vivekanand National Book Fair, Horticulture and Herbal Fair and Shilpgram Fair during 22-28 February at Vanita Vishram ground in Athwa Lines area of city.
- At least 11, mostly Gujaratis dead, over 35 injured in two bus mishaps
- After review meeting CM Rupani says, extensive relief/rescue operations on, 214 saved
- Amid latest spell of heavy downpour Gujarat crosses half way mark of seasonal rain percentage
- Gujarat cadre IFS Bharat Lal appointed Joint Secretary to President of India
- Heavy rain in parts of Gujarat, several dams full, rescue operations launched, some major highways closed
- Forecast for rapid rise in water levels of rivers in Gujarat, MP, Rajasthan during 21-24 July