Chief Minister recalls Gujarat connection of Jews (Video)March 18, 2013
Jam Saheb Digvijaysinhji in Balachadi with Polish child actors of the play Cinderella. Also seen is Fr Pluta (in uniform), the commandant of the camp.
Gandhinagar, 18 March 2013
Recollecting Gujarat’s old connection with Jews, Chief Minister Narendra Modi recalled that erstwhile prince Jamsaheb of Jamnagar had given shelter with dignity to nearly 6,000 women and children belonging to Jew community from Poland, who had fled Siberia during Second World War.
Talking to American Jews Committee (AJC) expert and Director of Asia Pacific Institute Ms Patricia Marcus here, Mr. Modi said the Jews in Gujarat are emotionally attached to the people of Gujarat for long.
While AJC is engaged in ensuring human rights and democratic privileges of Jews residing across the globe, Ms Marcus is associated with American Democratic Party for international affairs.
They discussed a wide range of topics related to Israel’s cooperation and relation with India and particularly Gujarat’s development and its contribution to India and Asia’s growth, changing global economic scenario and energy security, besides Gujarat bridging relations with America. Gujarat has special relation with Israel in water management, agriculture and energy.
Others present on the occasion included AJC active alumni Dr Bharatbhai Barai, Jews Synagogue’s Benjamin and Chief Minister’s Additional Chief Secretary K. Kailashnathan.
Youth workers from tribal Tapi district call in Gujarat Chief Minister
A group of young workers from the remote forested Songadh,Vyara-Nirjhar in predominantly tribal Tapi district called on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi at his State Assembly office here today.
PTC students from Adalaj call on Narendra Modi
A group of PTC students of Manekba Adhyapan Mandir of Adalaj, on an educational tour of Gujarat State Assembly, today called on Chief Minister Narendra Modi here today.
- Rupani to visit Ahmedabad Metro tunnel boring work on Thursday
- After a year, tail-end story of tallest hoisted tricolor in Gujarat
- Here are the announcements made by Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani in Independence Day speech
- India to send manned mission to space by 2022, healthcare scheme Ayushman Bharat, roll-out on Sept 25, says Modi
- Rupani lays foundation stone for railway over-bridge at Thangadh, Surendranagar
- Faldu makes formal complain to centre against NAFED in groundnut procurement scam