Copy of RVS Mani’s letter on Gujarat IPS Satish VermaJuly 15, 2013
Ahmedabad, 15 July 2013
Here is former home ministry under-secretary RVS Mani’s letter in which he has made allegations against tainted Gujarat cop Satish Verma. Mani alleges that he was forced by Verma to sign statement. Mani, a former Home ministry official had prepared the two MHA affidavits in the Ishrat Jahan encounter case. He has alleged that he was subjected to a “rough” interrogation and asked to sign a statement with twisted facts. Soon after his questioning, Mani wrote to his seniors in the urban development ministry, where he is currently posted, claiming that he was forced to sign a statement that presented facts he was not privy to. He alleged discrepancies in the facts to his knowledge and framing of the same by Verma.
Mani has alleged that Verma accused incumbent governments of “orchestrating” the terror attack on Parliament and the 26/11 carnage in Mumbai. Mani has said that Verma “…narrated that the 13.12. 2001(attack on Parliament) was followed by Pota (Prevention of Terrorist Activities Act) and 26/11 2008 (terrorists’ siege of Mumbai) was followed by amendment to the UAPA (Unlawful Activities Prevention Act).”
Verma was a nominee of Ishrat Jahan’s mother in the SIT, formed by Gujarat high court to probe the alleged fake encounter. Verma was later made part of the CBI team which was entrusted with the case by Gujarat High Court bench comprising Justices Jayant Patel and Abhilasha Kumari after SIT submitted its report.
- PM Modi inaugurates iCreate campus in Gujarat in presence of Israel PM
- Israeli PM accorded grand and colourful welcome in Gujarat, participates in half and hour 8 km long India Cultural Road Show
- Live: Israel PM Benjamin Netanyahu in Gujarat
- Crime Branch shares factual details contrary to Pravin Togadia's version
- Modi - Netanyahu to visit Rs 12 crore Centre of Excellence for Vegetables
- PM Modi to inaugurate iCreate campus near Ahmedabad in presence of Netanyahu