Probe into three alleged murders involving IPS Satish Verma beginsAugust 01, 2013
Porbandar, 1 August 2013
A special investigation team(SIT) led by Gujarat state intelligence bureau chief Shivanand Jha has today started a probe into year 1997 Porbandar encounter and torture death cases involving then DSP Satish Verma.
In 1997 when Satish Verma was DSP, Porbandar’s Jasu Gagan Shiyal was killed in alleged fake encounter. Khambhalia’s Ahir Ranmal was dead due to alleged torcher, whileNaran Bandhia(Ahir) was found hanged behind Kutiana police choki.
On plea filed by brother of Jasu Gagan Shiyal, the High Court directed to probe into these three killings and submit a report in three months period.
Following this order, the state government has set up a team under state intelligence bureau chief Shivanand Jha. Jasu Gagan Shiyal encounter case will be probed by Ahmedabad city crime branch DCP Himanshu Shukla, Khambhalia’s Ranmal Ram Ahir torcher death case will be probed by Vadodara Rural SP Sandip Singh, while mysterious death of Naran Ahir in Kutiana will be probed by Porbandar district police chief Dipen Bhadran. Ahmedabad Crime Branch Joint Commissioner Shri AK Sharma will coordinate these three investigations.
- Moderate tremor in central South Gujarat, epicenter near Netrang in Bharuch, no damage reported
- Body of lion found in millet field in Gujarat
- Union Cabinet clears ordinance to award death penalty to child rapists
- Live: PM Modi addresses Civil Servants in Delhi
- Parimal Nathwani written 'Gir Lion : Pride of Gujarat' book launched in Ahmedabad
- Gujarat CM at Dholera SIR tomorrow to lay foundation stone for two projects