Dinesh Kalgi’s son arrested for drunken drivingAugust 04, 2013
By our correspondent, Ahmedabad, 4 August 2013
Betting and gambling network operator Dinesh Kalgi is again in news, but because of his son this time.
Kalgi’s 20-year-old son Daksh Thakkar has been booked for drunken driving under section 177,184,185,427 and 279. He has been arrested and will be produced before court on Monday.
Daksh was reportedly coming back from Friendship day party when his car hit BRTS pillar, Torrent power DP and a sign board near Maruti tower at Shivaranjani cross roads. The accident took place at around 4.00 am. The car suffered major damage and its one wheel was totally destroyed, but Daksh stayed unhurt.
According to Satellite police station inspector A.S.Pandya, Daksh was drunk at the time of accident, and he was driving in full speed.
- Bodies of 5 black-bucks found near chemical factory in Gujarat
- Man pretending as BJP office bearer does stunt for news coverage; party issues clarification
- Rupani in 7 chief ministers’ committee of Niti Aayog for MANREGA in agriculture
- Farmer's tractor rallies in Surat to oppose bullet train project, in Amreli against mining mafias
- Dr. Jigishaben Sheth is new Mayor of Vadodara, Jivraj Chauhan her deputy
- Former MLA Nalin Kotadia declared absconder in bit coin extortion and kidnap case