Dinesh Kalgi’s son arrested for drunken drivingAugust 04, 2013
By our correspondent, Ahmedabad, 4 August 2013
Betting and gambling network operator Dinesh Kalgi is again in news, but because of his son this time.
Kalgi’s 20-year-old son Daksh Thakkar has been booked for drunken driving under section 177,184,185,427 and 279. He has been arrested and will be produced before court on Monday.
Daksh was reportedly coming back from Friendship day party when his car hit BRTS pillar, Torrent power DP and a sign board near Maruti tower at Shivaranjani cross roads. The accident took place at around 4.00 am. The car suffered major damage and its one wheel was totally destroyed, but Daksh stayed unhurt.
According to Satellite police station inspector A.S.Pandya, Daksh was drunk at the time of accident, and he was driving in full speed.
- Lion enters house, sits on pile of groundnut, stays there, photo goes viral
- Rs 11 crore Chhath Ghaat of AMC to be inaugurated on Tuesday
- Gujarat based Sayaji Industries commences new state-of-the-art Dextrose Monohydrate Plant
- Chairman railway board visits Gandhinagar Railway station redevelopment and five star hotel construction site
- PM Narendra Modi dedicates first multi modal terminal port in Varanasi
- Many senior BJP leaders also want to see Bavliya defeated in Jasdan by-poll: Gujarat Congress president Chavda