Dinesh Kalgi’s son arrested for drunken drivingAugust 04, 2013
By our correspondent, Ahmedabad, 4 August 2013
Betting and gambling network operator Dinesh Kalgi is again in news, but because of his son this time.
Kalgi’s 20-year-old son Daksh Thakkar has been booked for drunken driving under section 177,184,185,427 and 279. He has been arrested and will be produced before court on Monday.
Daksh was reportedly coming back from Friendship day party when his car hit BRTS pillar, Torrent power DP and a sign board near Maruti tower at Shivaranjani cross roads. The accident took place at around 4.00 am. The car suffered major damage and its one wheel was totally destroyed, but Daksh stayed unhurt.
According to Satellite police station inspector A.S.Pandya, Daksh was drunk at the time of accident, and he was driving in full speed.
- 66.97% results for Gujarat board 10th exam, girls leave boys way behind
- In Arun Jaitley’s analysis of exit polls, 6 messages from voters to politicians
- Six nabbed in Gujarat for celebrating Nathuram Godse's birthday
- BSF nabs Pakistani boat in creek area, 2 fishermen also caught
- Amul increases milk prices by Rs. 2 per litre
- NDA would perform better than the predictions of the exit polls: DyCM Nitin Patel