108 to launch dedicated women helpline 181 soonAugust 29, 2013
Gandhinagar, 29 August 2013
108 Ambulance service today completed six years in Gujarat.
According to the 108 officials, total 2,80,000 lives are saved during last six years through this service.
The service started six years back with 84 ambulances in Ahmedabad has now a fleet of 525 ambulances across the state.
During last seven years, 38 lakh medical emergencies are attended.
On this occasion, state Health minister Shri Nitinbhai Patel announced Rs. 50 crore assistance to build a new training centre and hostel facility within existing emergency center of 108 services in Ahmedabad. New ambulances will also be bought through this assistance.
The officials of 108 service said, they intend to launch a women helpline service soon. They said they are trying to get ‘181’ number for this service. The new service will be dedicated to women needing help through counseling and reaching out.
- 54,863 quintal groundnut worth Rs.27.43 cr bought by Gujarat Govt.
- Chief Minister Vijay Rupani to visit drought-hit Kutch on Monday
- Ghogha - Hazira Ro-Ro passenger ferry service from December 9
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies