Petrol only if you follow rulesSeptember 26, 2013
Ahmedabad, 26 September 2013
From December 1, petrol pumps in Ahmedabad will fill tank of your vehicle only if you follow traffic rules. You will need to have proper transparent glass in your car. You should be following the rules of seat belt, third party insurance, license, helmet, ownership detail written on rickshaw etc to get fuel at petrol pumps.
There’s a big question mark on possibility of success but at this time, this is what the traffic police in Ahmedabad has planned. The department held meeting with 150 petrol pump owners today afternoon.
It was decided that throughout the month of October and November, the petrol pumps will make people aware about this initiative before its implementation in November.
It is believed that such model which is known as ‘no helmet, no petrol’ was in practice in Gurgaon. However it is not likely to get any success in Ahmedabad.
The decision is likely to be challenged in court like every other major decision.
- Uddhav Thackeray, BJP MP Kakade predict Congress victory in Gujarat
- Rahul Gandhi will get a gift of 'defeat' from Gujarat Congress: Vaghani
- Hardik's yet another bizarre statement: BJP would win Gujarat and loose Himachal by tampering EVMs
- Mamlatdar forwards 'fake' letter of Deputy Election commissioner which claims EVMs can be hacked by mobile towers
- Gujarat BJP holds meeting, Instructs polling agents for counting day
- Re-polling on Sunday in 6 booths of Gujarat