Portability of LPG connections effective in Surat, Ahmedabad
New Delhi, 6 October 2013
Under the portability scheme, a consumer can opt for the distributor of his choice within a cluster of LPG distributors in the vicinity. The option is to be registered electronically on the website of the OMC to which the consumer is presently attached. This will bring great relief to consumers who are unhappy with their LPG distributor or want to move to a distributor closer to his home.
To register for Portability, the consumers need to do the following:
• Visit the OMC websites
o IOCL www.indane.co.in
o HPCL www.hpgas.com
o BPCL www.ebharatgas.com
• Register themselves in the site if not registered already
• See the distributors in the cluster and their star rating in terms of refill delivery performance
( 5 Star- Excellent, 4 Star- Good, 3 star- Average, 2 Star- below Average and 1 star – Poor)
• Choose the distributor of his Choice from the cluster
• The consumer will then receive an email confirming the registration and advising details of procedure.
• In case of Intra-Company portability request, consumer has to just visit only the new distributor with copy of the email and get enrolled.
• In case of Inter-Company transfer, as the equipment is not compatible across companies, consumer will need to visit the existing distributor and surrender cylinder and pressure regulator, collect refund/ transfer documents and then approach the Chosen distributor for reconnection by paying the same deposit as earlier.
• No transfer fee or additional security deposit will be charged for transfer of connection under portability scheme.
• Proactive electronic tracking of the portability request and its closure is in place to ensure that a consumer does not have any difficulty in moving to the distributor of his choice.
In order to facilitate the portability OMCs have made clusters of distributors in the 24 cities and are available on the OMC websites.
A complete electronic tracking of the request and closure is in place to ensure a consumer does not have any difficulty to move to a distributor of his choice.
This scheme now covers 24 cities across the country, as per list given below:
|Andhra Pradesh||Hyderabad/ Secunderabad|
|<< Previous Post|