Statement of intent between Safran-Morpho GFSUOctober 23, 2013
New Delhi, 23 October 2013
Indo-French Technology Summit Witnesses 11 MoUs in the field of Science & Technology & Education
The India-France Technology Summit, organized by Department of Science and Technology, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and French Embassy today witnessed 11 Memorandum of Understandings (MOUs) between India and France in the field of Science and Technology and Education. The MOUs were signed in the presence of Mr S Jaipal Reddy, Minister of Science and Technology and Earth Sciences.
One of the MoUs involves Gujarat Forensic Sciences University. It is about statement of intent between Safran-Morpho (SMPL) and Gujarat Forensic Sciences University for Training, Research and Development (GFSU), to explore the possibility of establishing cooperation through the program.
Safran-Morpho is private company in France that delivers products and solutions targeted at governments, national agencies and administrations dedicated to law enforcement and border control, as well as private companies in need of secure physical or logical access control.
According to its website Safran-Morpho is
No 1 worldwide in ID Documents intergrating biometrics
No 1 in the world for AFIS (Automated Fingerprint Identification System)
No 1 in the world for Explosive Detection Systems (EDS) for hold baggage
No 2 in the world for gaming and betting terminals
No 4 in the world for smart cards
World leader for Trace Equipment
- Budget allocation for agriculture doubled, MSP to include cost of family labour: PM Modi to farmers
- Live: PM Narendra Modi interacts with farmers via video
- 1.25 crore to participate in Yoga Day events across Gujarat, world record to be attempted
- Gujarat based businessmen booked by CBI in bank loan default case
- Gujarat BJP welcomes decision of party to pull-out from PDP alliance in Kashmir
- Gujarat CM Vijay Rupani likely to visit Israel next week