Centre approves Surat Solar City master planOctober 27, 2013
Surat, 27 October 2013
Ministry of Renewable Energy, Government of India has approved Surat Municipal Corporation(SMC)’s solar city master plan. SMC had prepared a master plan for solar city for 2011-2016 period. However due to delay in approval from centre, the period of completion is extended to one year. This means the master plan will be completed in 2017.
SMC will invest 20% as per Rs. 7320 crore master plan. Thus SMC will share Rs. 463 crore, industries will share Rs. 5121 crore. Rs 386 crore will be invested in commercial while Rs. 1348 crore in residential sector. Public Private Partnership will be encouraged. Government will not give grant but will provide support through subsidy. SMC has targeted 24 MW power generation. 11.04 MW work is completed while 6.03 MW task is in tended process. Another 6.03 MW work is left.
SMC has erected solar and wind power plant at Saurashtra’s Bhanvad and at Science center within the city.
Payback period in solar power plant is 10-12 years, while in wind power farms 7-8 years.
SMC has installed LED at ten places in every zone. SMC plans to install LED at all smaller light poles in near future with target to save more than 20% power bill.
- 6 IPS, other cops probing Chirag Patel death case, 70% chances that it was a suicide, however murder angle can't be denied, probe is on: Police
- DRI busts massive misuse of MEIS scheme, recovers Rs 52 crore from exporters of Gujarat, Mumbai and Tamilnadu
- Prabhu directs Secretary and DGCA officials to review the grounding of planes by Jet Airways, Advance Bookings, Cancellations, Refund and Safety issues
- Modi to interact with ‘Main Bhi Chowkidar’ pledge takers on March 31 across 500 places
- Meeting of BJP election committee at CM residence in Gujarat: ECI probe finds no violation of MCC, gives clean-chit
- Development projects unveiled across the country, as PM’s vision for New India takes shape