World Heritage Week Celebration in AhmedabadNovember 19, 2013
Ahmedabad, 19 November 2013
World Heritage Week Celebration by the A.M.C. is scheduled during 19th -25th November, 2013.
The City of Ahmedabad is endowed with the rich heritage of more than Six Hundred years. Manek Bruj and remains of old Fortifications, Sidi Sayid Mosque, Swami Narayan Temple- Kalupur, Hatheesing Jain Temple and Havelis and Pol Houses in the Walled City are some of the notable built heritage of the city.
In order to create awareness amongst the citizens about our heritage and help to preserve it, A.M.C. celebrates Heritage Week every year during 19th to 25th November with various programmes.
As a part of the Current Year’s World Heritage Week Celebrations, 2013 the following Programmes have been planned by the A.M.C.
• Photography Exhibition at Sanskarkendra-Museum, Paldi, during 19th-25th Novmber,2013
• Guided Tour to Sanskarkendra-Museum, Paldi for selected school children during 19th-25th November, 2013.
• Illumination of selected heritage monuments/ buildings during the week.
• Catch the Heritage Week Celebrations with heritage experts and Administrators on “Hi Ahmedabad with Dhvanit”on Radio Mirchi 98.3 F.M.
A.M.C is partnering and co-ordinating with various city based organizations in various other programmes being organized during the week. The Citizens of Ahmedabad, particularly School and College students are invited to participate in the above mentioned programmes to enable AMC to take its heritage initiatives to he next level.
- Gujarat loses over 18 lakh mobile numbers in March, but Jio adds 5.71 lakh and BSNL adds 43,000 numbers
- 28 centres for counting of votes for 26 Lok Sabha, 4 assembly seats in Gujarat
- Leader of Opposition Paresh Dhanani terms those who voted for Modi as fools
- PSLV-C46 successfully launches RISAT-2B
- Rs. 100 lakh crore investment in infra sector, Rs. 25 lakh crore in farm and rural sectors: NDA resolution
- Anil Ambani to withdraw defamation suits against Congress leaders others in Ahmedabad court