Former MLAs Dr. Kanu Kalsaria, Hanubhai Dhorajiya join AAP(Video)January 01, 2014
Ahmedabad, 1 January, 2014
As DeshGujarat told you yesterday, former MLA Dr. Kanubhai Kalsaria has joined Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) today in Ahmedabad. More details on Kanubhai are already given in yesterday’s article(click here).
With him another former BJP MLA Hanubhai Dhorajiya has also joined AAP. Hanubhai lives in Surat. He was BJP MLA during 2007-2012 from Lathi seat in Amreli district. Hanubhai was denied ticket in last year’s assembly polls. Instead of him, BJP selected former Congress MLA Valjibhai Khokharia who ultimately lost against Congress candidate Bavku Udhad.
Buzz is strong that Lathi MLA Bavku Udhad has recently taken a decision to join BJP. In such circumstances, Hanubhai had no option but to search some political option to survive in Lathi politics. So Hanubhai has taken decision to join AAP. If Bavku Udhad decides to join BJP openly, he has to resign from Lathi seat like what junior Radadia did recently. In such circumstances Lathi may witness by-poll which Hanubhai wants to contest on AAP ticket.
Hanubhai who made fortune in Surat, originally belongs to Hathigadh village in Lathi-Liliya belt of Amreli district. His politics debut started with a unique individual initiative of free distribution of things of daily use to around 300 families every year. Hanubhai asks village people to hand over a list of needy women in village. A survey team has been created for this cause. Once a list is ready, needy women are provided special kits containing ground nut oil, wheat, rice, tuver dal, dhanajiru, chilly powder, washing powder, soaps etc for one year. Every year the list is amended as per the feedback by village people and survey team. Liliya taluka’s Hathigadh, Boriya, Haripar, Khara Kutana, Bhoringda, Timbdi, Punjapadar, Godhavadar etc villages are covered under this service which is individual initiative of Hanubhai.
- Counting of votes in Gujarat, the home state of PM Modi, begins amid tight 3 layered security, Fate of 371 candidates including Amit Shah to be decided
- Live: Lok Sabha general elections 2019 results
- Rajkot BJP will not celebrate Lok Sabha victory in view of demise of rival Congress candidate's son
- MHA asks States/UTs to take adequate security measures in connection with counting of votes
- Amit Shah asks six questions to opposition parties over their EVM cry
- Gujarat loses over 18 lakh mobile numbers in March, but Jio adds 5.71 lakh and BSNL adds 43,000 numbers