Former MLAs Dr. Kanu Kalsaria, Hanubhai Dhorajiya join AAP(Video)January 01, 2014
Ahmedabad, 1 January, 2014
As DeshGujarat told you yesterday, former MLA Dr. Kanubhai Kalsaria has joined Arvind Kejriwal-led Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) today in Ahmedabad. More details on Kanubhai are already given in yesterday’s article(click here).
With him another former BJP MLA Hanubhai Dhorajiya has also joined AAP. Hanubhai lives in Surat. He was BJP MLA during 2007-2012 from Lathi seat in Amreli district. Hanubhai was denied ticket in last year’s assembly polls. Instead of him, BJP selected former Congress MLA Valjibhai Khokharia who ultimately lost against Congress candidate Bavku Udhad.
Buzz is strong that Lathi MLA Bavku Udhad has recently taken a decision to join BJP. In such circumstances, Hanubhai had no option but to search some political option to survive in Lathi politics. So Hanubhai has taken decision to join AAP. If Bavku Udhad decides to join BJP openly, he has to resign from Lathi seat like what junior Radadia did recently. In such circumstances Lathi may witness by-poll which Hanubhai wants to contest on AAP ticket.
Hanubhai who made fortune in Surat, originally belongs to Hathigadh village in Lathi-Liliya belt of Amreli district. His politics debut started with a unique individual initiative of free distribution of things of daily use to around 300 families every year. Hanubhai asks village people to hand over a list of needy women in village. A survey team has been created for this cause. Once a list is ready, needy women are provided special kits containing ground nut oil, wheat, rice, tuver dal, dhanajiru, chilly powder, washing powder, soaps etc for one year. Every year the list is amended as per the feedback by village people and survey team. Liliya taluka’s Hathigadh, Boriya, Haripar, Khara Kutana, Bhoringda, Timbdi, Punjapadar, Godhavadar etc villages are covered under this service which is individual initiative of Hanubhai.
- Jio parters with Star to provide India-Cricket content to Jio users
- Emami Paper Mills Ltd to invest 2,000 crore in Gujarat; foundation stone laid for the plant in Bhauch
- None of 11 lions found dead in 2 ranges of Gir East forest were infected by virus:Gujarat Forest department chief
- PM Modi may visit Gujarat again in next fortnight
- SMC standing committee completes formality about rise in corporators salary
- Rahul's statement against PM shows his sanskar and also that he can lie in parliament: Smriti Irani in Surat