Reliance Jio and Bharti Infratel Join Hands in Tower Infrastructure SharingMarch 04, 2014
Mumbai, 4 March 2014
Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited (“Reliance Jio”), a subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) and the first telecom operator to hold Pan India Unified License, and Bharti Infratel, India’s leading provider of telecom tower infrastructure, today announced the signing of a Master Services Agreement. Under the agreement, Reliance Jio would utilize the telecom tower infrastructure of Bharti Infratel to launch its services across the country. As per the agreement, the pricing would be at ‘arm’s length,’ based on prevailing market rates.
Sanjay Mashruwala, Managing Director, Reliance Jio said, “This agreement is in line with our earlier comprehensive telecom infrastructure sharing arrangement with Bharti Airtel Limited aimed at avoiding duplication of infrastructure, wherever possible, and to preserve capital and the environment. The agreement will help us with the faster roll out of our services across the country.”
D S Rawat, CEO – Bharti Infratel Limited said, “We are delighted with this agreement to offer our world-class telecom infrastructure to Reliance Jio. Our vast footprint and high network uptime levels will offer significant synergies of faster access to market and lower operational costs. The agreement would also benefit our existing customers with lower rentals and energy charges as a result of additional sharing. We look forward to a long and mutually beneficial relationship with Reliance Jio.”
- 36.89% storage across 204 reservoirs in Gujarat; 19 put on high alert
- Industries and business in Gujarat suffer estimated loss of over 1500 crores due to truck operators strike
- Phoenix Mills Ltd - Bsafal Joint Venture to acquire and develop 5.16 acre land on SG Highway in Ahmedabad
- Himalaya, Ahmedabad One Mall make parking free
- John Abraham participates in shooting of Raw in Junagadh, Pakistan like look given to shooting-locations
- Citizens in Ahmedabad participate in rally against 'Love-Jihad'