Corporates donate Rs.15 cr in Gujarat CM cleanliness fund in 2 monthsDecember 15, 2014
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, December 15, 2014
In just less than two months times Corporates, leading social organization and even individuals have collectively donated more than Rs.15 crore in the Gujarat Chief Minister Cleanliness Fund launched by CM Anandiben Patel in October.
The fund is aimed at generating additional resources for promoting cleanliness in the state.
Sources close to the development informed that, “so far Rs.15 crore has been received in the fund in two months time and already we have received commitment of around Rs.50 crore. The fund will be given to urban and rural local bodies for construction of the individual toilets.”
The Gujarat government in October 2014 established chief minister cleanliness funds for better implementation of Mahatma Gandhi Cleanliness Mission with public participation.
A state level fund, eight city level and 33 district level funds have been constituted. The Chief Minister is the chairperson of the state level fund’s steering committee while the district and city level committees are headed by respective collectors.
- #ISupportKarnavati trends nationally number one on Twitter
- Over 6 lakh complete Lili parikrama even before formal start, 6 die of heart attack so far
- Congress declares incharge for each of 26 Lok Sabha seats in Gujarat
- Rupani reviews scarcity situation in Kutch
- ACB nabs Deputy Director of ESIC office taking bribe for issuing certificate to factory owner
- New jumbo State organisation body of Gujarat Congress announced