Corporates donate Rs.15 cr in Gujarat CM cleanliness fund in 2 monthsDecember 15, 2014
Ahmedabad, DeshGujarat, December 15, 2014
In just less than two months times Corporates, leading social organization and even individuals have collectively donated more than Rs.15 crore in the Gujarat Chief Minister Cleanliness Fund launched by CM Anandiben Patel in October.
The fund is aimed at generating additional resources for promoting cleanliness in the state.
Sources close to the development informed that, “so far Rs.15 crore has been received in the fund in two months time and already we have received commitment of around Rs.50 crore. The fund will be given to urban and rural local bodies for construction of the individual toilets.”
The Gujarat government in October 2014 established chief minister cleanliness funds for better implementation of Mahatma Gandhi Cleanliness Mission with public participation.
A state level fund, eight city level and 33 district level funds have been constituted. The Chief Minister is the chairperson of the state level fund’s steering committee while the district and city level committees are headed by respective collectors.
- In videos: Two Patidar community events at same time, one for progress, another for politics
- Coherent administration, substantial and sustainable social growth and bottom-up approach: Rupani on 4 years of Modi govt in Centre
- Prime Minister to inaugurate Eastern Peripheral Expressway and Phase -I of Delhi-Meerut Expressway
- Health department inquiry team visit Adnai run G K hospital in Bhuj even as 111 children deaths confirmed this year
- Forest Guard attacked by Lioness in Gujarat
- Son of Gujarat completes four years as PM, far longer period compared to earlier Gujarati PM Morarji Desai; Gujarat Congress protests titling it as Vishwasghat Diwas, fields Narmada tweet row fame Rajiv Satav to lead it