BJP wants govt to buy London house where Ambedkar once livedJanuary 10, 2015
The BJP today asked the government to acquire the 2,050 sq ft, three-storey house in London where Dr Babasaheb Ambedkar once lived.
Mumbai BJP president Ashish Shelar said he has written to Finance Minister Arun Jaitley seeking Prime Minister’s intervention to acquire the house.
“This is an emotional issue for Ambedkar followers and people of Maharashtra,” Shelar said.
The house has market price of Rs 40 crore. An agent of Goldschmidt & Howland said that after the initial flurry of activity last year, the Indian authorities seem to have lost interest in the property, according to Shelar.
“Towards the end of my term, we had asked the Centre to buy this mansion. Its an international transaction and could have only been carried out by the Union Government. I do not know what happened later,” said Chavan.
© Copyright DeshGujarat. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any DeshGujarat content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- Live: PM Modi launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan on National Panchayati Raj Day
- Gas leakage in filter plant in Jubilee park of Rajkot, controlled
- DPIL bank loan defraud case: ED attaches property worth 1122 cores of accused trio
- AMC to organize Sabarmati Riverfront Summer Festival 2018
- Details of State level Gujarat Day functions in Bharuch on 1st May 2018
- Foundation stone for foot over bridge over river Sabarmati to be laid tomorrow