AIIMS team to visit Gandhinagar, Vadodara and RajkotJanuary 20, 2015
Gujarat Government has shortlisted Rajkot and Vadodara for setting up of the proposed All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), state Health Minister Nitin Patel said today.
“For the proposed AIIMS project in the state, we have identified 200 acres of land each in Rajkot and Vadodara. The Central committee can select the most suitable location from these two options provided by us,” said Patel.
He said the government has informed the Centre that they can send their team here to inspect both these locations.
“They can select any of the locations selected by us,” he added.
The team from centre is going to arrive on Wednesday. The team will first visit Gandhinagar and hold meeting with the state government. Later the team will visit Vadodara, and on the next day Rajkot.
AIIMS hospital project will also include a hospital and research center.
© With inputs from PTI
- VP Venkaiah Naidu donates a month salary of Rs. 5 lakh to Sardar Patel Memorial Trust in Gujarat
- Dy CM Nitin Patel presents report card of 3-day long Vibrant Gujarat Summit 2019
- A day after asking them "How's the Josh," Modi responds to Bollywood bigwigs on Twitter
- Swedish Companies in Gujarat can create manifold more direct jobs if certain policy measures were taken: Consul General Ulrika Sundberg
- Actor Vivek Oberoi on stage at valedictory session of Vibrant Gujarat Summit; MoU signed with Global Studios
- Overwhelmed with emotion after visiting it: Vice President Naidu on Statue of Unity in Gujarat