AIIMS team to visit Gandhinagar, Vadodara and RajkotJanuary 20, 2015
Gujarat Government has shortlisted Rajkot and Vadodara for setting up of the proposed All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), state Health Minister Nitin Patel said today.
“For the proposed AIIMS project in the state, we have identified 200 acres of land each in Rajkot and Vadodara. The Central committee can select the most suitable location from these two options provided by us,” said Patel.
He said the government has informed the Centre that they can send their team here to inspect both these locations.
“They can select any of the locations selected by us,” he added.
The team from centre is going to arrive on Wednesday. The team will first visit Gandhinagar and hold meeting with the state government. Later the team will visit Vadodara, and on the next day Rajkot.
AIIMS hospital project will also include a hospital and research center.
© With inputs from PTI
- Heart for transplant reaches hospital in Ahmedabad from Airport in just 22 minutes
- Sacked IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt gets life term in Custodial death case in Gujarat
- Gujarat govt. not to organize Shala Praveshotsav this year
- Gujarat govt to amend law for ban on e-cigarettes
- A committee to look into One Nation, One Election initiative
- School vans in Ahmedabad to remain on strike tomorrow: Vardhi Association