Gujarat earned Rs 15,500 crore through tax on petrol, diesel in 2 yearsMarch 13, 2015
Gujarat government today said that it earned more than Rs 15,500 crore through Value Added Tax (VAT) as well as cess on the sale of petrol and diesel during last two years.
During the question hour today in the Assembly, Congress MLA Punja Vansh asked the government to share details about the present rates of VAT as well as cess on the sale of petrol and diesel in the state.
Vansh also sought information on revenue generated by the state government through VAT and cess on petrol and diesel during the last two years.
In his written reply, state Finance Minister Saurabh Patel said the government levies 23 per cent VAT and additional 2 per cent cess on the sale of petrol, while for diesel, consumers need to shell out 21 per cent VAT and 3 per cent cess.
Replying to the second query about the income generated by government from this tax structure, Patel said that the state government earned total of Rs 15,521.38 crore earned in the last two years from the sale of these petroleum products in the state.
In 2013 (January-December period), the state earned Rs 6,237.71 crore through VAT, while Rs 1,060.05 as cess on petrol and diesel.
In 2014 (January-December period), government got Rs 7,010.10 crore as VAT and Rs 1,213.07 crore as cess, stated Patel’s reply in the House.
© Copyright PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- Bodies of 5 black-bucks found near chemical factory in Gujarat
- Man pretending as BJP office bearer does stunt for news coverage; party issues clarification
- Rupani in 7 chief ministers’ committee of Niti Aayog for MANREGA in agriculture
- Farmer's tractor rallies in Surat to oppose bullet train project, in Amreli against mining mafias
- Dr. Jigishaben Sheth is new Mayor of Vadodara, Jivraj Chauhan her deputy
- Former MLA Nalin Kotadia declared absconder in bit coin extortion and kidnap case