Shift Jaitapur nuclear project to Gujarat, says UddhavMarch 14, 2015
Reiterating his opposition to the proposed Jaitapur nuclear power project, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray today said Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel should take away the project to her state as she had invited industries from Maharashtra.
“The Gujarat Chief Minister has in the past invited industrialists to shift base to her state. Now she should take away the Jaitapur nuclear project too. The electricity generated from the project will be transmitted to the central grid, from where different states will buy that electricity.
Maharashtra, too, will have to buy it. Why should Maharashtra be put into 100 per cent danger for a few percentage increase of electricity?” Thackeray told reporters here.
He also said that if the Mumbai Metro-III project harms the Marathi-speaking people in any way, it will be “uprooted and thrown away.”
© Copyright PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- Father, son from Vadodara arrested in Saudi Arabia for displaying Indian flag, released after timely intervention by Govt of India
- Gujarat CM distributes appointment letters to 350 Traffic Brigade jawans
- Lion cub injured in in-fight in Gir forest dies
- 6 die as truck overturns and crush a car in Surendranagar district of Gujarat
- Property registration documents in Sub Registrar Offices now available online in Gujarat
- DRI nabs 2, seizes mefedron worth over 70 lakh