Shift Jaitapur nuclear project to Gujarat, says UddhavMarch 14, 2015
Reiterating his opposition to the proposed Jaitapur nuclear power project, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray today said Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel should take away the project to her state as she had invited industries from Maharashtra.
“The Gujarat Chief Minister has in the past invited industrialists to shift base to her state. Now she should take away the Jaitapur nuclear project too. The electricity generated from the project will be transmitted to the central grid, from where different states will buy that electricity.
Maharashtra, too, will have to buy it. Why should Maharashtra be put into 100 per cent danger for a few percentage increase of electricity?” Thackeray told reporters here.
He also said that if the Mumbai Metro-III project harms the Marathi-speaking people in any way, it will be “uprooted and thrown away.”
© Copyright PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- CID Crime pick up Amreli DSP for questioning in Bitcoin case
- Modi to visit China on April 27-28 for summit talks with Prez Xi
- Surat double murder-rape case: Remand of accused till May 3 allowed
- Two foreigners die in Malaysian ship off near Navlakhi port in Gujarat due to gas
- Lion kills cubs in Gir forests of Gujarat
- Rupani lays foundation stone for Common Effluent Treatment Plan, Pipali-Dholera pipeline projects