Shift Jaitapur nuclear project to Gujarat, says UddhavMarch 14, 2015
Reiterating his opposition to the proposed Jaitapur nuclear power project, Shiv Sena chief Uddhav Thackeray today said Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel should take away the project to her state as she had invited industries from Maharashtra.
“The Gujarat Chief Minister has in the past invited industrialists to shift base to her state. Now she should take away the Jaitapur nuclear project too. The electricity generated from the project will be transmitted to the central grid, from where different states will buy that electricity.
Maharashtra, too, will have to buy it. Why should Maharashtra be put into 100 per cent danger for a few percentage increase of electricity?” Thackeray told reporters here.
He also said that if the Mumbai Metro-III project harms the Marathi-speaking people in any way, it will be “uprooted and thrown away.”
© Copyright PTI. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any PTI content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- Justice MR Shah, KS Jhaveri from Gujarat to be CJ of Patna and Odisha High Court respsectively
- MLA Shailesh Sotta makes representation at Collectorate against 'Land Jihad'
- Former MLA Jayanti Bhanushali booked in rape case by Surat police
- Narendra Modi led government defeats no-trust motion comfortably in Lok Sabha with 325 vs 126 votes
- The city of Ahmedabad receives good rain finally
- 'RFP for 1000 MW first phase of Dholera Solar Park project to be out in a month period'