Chaitri Navratri in year 2015 begins this SaturdayMarch 19, 2015
Chaitri Navratri will start this week-end.
Beginning from Saturday, March 21st, Chaitri Navratri will continue for nine days. Cheti Chand and Gudi Padvo are couple of festivals that will mark beginning of Chaitri Navratri. While Gudi Padvo is festival of great importance for Marathi people who celebrate it as beginning of new year, Cheti Chand is important festival of Sindhi community.
Ram Navmi and Sahjanand Jayanti are other two festival during Chaitri Navratri. They are to be celebrated on the ninth and the last day of Chaitri Navratri.
Chaitri Navratri is one of two Navratris during year during which religious Hindus perform Jap, Tap. Its impacts are felt country wide. In Delhi you would find some discotheque cum bar closed during Chaitri Navratri. Prime Minister Narendra Modi observes fast during nine days of Navratri twice in year, once in the month of Chaitra and the other in the month of Aaso(when Gujarat witness Garba festival). All Shakti Piths in Gujarat, particularly Pavagadh in central Gujarat witness amazing rush of devotees during Chaitri Navratri. Extra ordinary rush of people is particularly seen on 8th day of Navratri at all mandirs of Goddesses across Gujarat.
Gudi Padva and Cheti Chand: 21 March
Ram Navmi: 28 March
Mahavir Jayanti: 2 April
Good Friday: 3 April
Hanuman Jayanti: 4 April
Ambedkar Jayanti: 14 April
© Copyright DeshGujarat. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of any DeshGujarat content, including by framing or similar means, is expressly prohibited without their prior written consent.
- Inside the Statue of Unity and view from gallery
- Gir Sanctuary and National Park reopens for visitors after 4-month monsoon break; four more Lion Safari routes added for tourists
- When over 40,000 sang national anthem at Navratri garba ground in Vadodara
- Garba flash mob welcomes passengers at international terminal of Ahmedabad airport
- AI flight to Newark via London with 130 passengers on board grounded at Ahmedabad Airport
- PM meets Global Oil and Gas Experts/CEOs