Metro rail project: MEGA converted to SPV, ten Directors appointedMarch 30, 2015
Metro Link Express for Gandhinagar and Ahmedabad(MEGA) company Limited has been converted to Special Purpose Vehicle(SPV) in which central government and Gujarat government are equal partner.
As per the notification by Government of India, central government and state government each has appointed five Board of directors in MEGA company ltd.
Madhusudan Prasad, IAS, Secretary, Urban Development Ministry, Government of India
Shailendra Singh, Executive Director, Railway Board, Railway Ministry, Government of India
Mukund Kumar Sinha, Officer on Special Duty, Joint Secretary, Urban Development Ministry, Government of India
Pravin Prakash, IAS, Joint Secretary, Urban Development Ministry, Government of India
R Ramnathan, Director(Projects), Chennai Metro Rail Limited
Dr. Manjula Subramaniam, IAS(Retired), former Chief Secretary, Government of Gujarat
GR Aloria, IAS, Additional Chief Secretary, Urban Development and Urban Housing, Government of Gujarat
JN Singh, IAS, Additional Chief Secretary, Finance Department, Government of Gujarat
Ajay Bhadu, IAS, Chief Executive Officer, Gujarat Infrastructure Development Board, Government of Gujarat
IP Gautam, IAS(Retired), Managing Director, MEGA Company Limited
Central government has approved Gujarat government’s suggestion for the post of full time Managing Director of Special Purpose Vehicle.
Registered office of MEGA has been shifted to Block no.1, first floor, Karmaygi Bhagan, behind Nirman Bhavan, Sector 10/A, Gandhinagar.
Government of India had given approval to first phase of Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project on 17 November last year. Ground breaking for the project was performed by Gujarat Chief Minister on 14 March this year. Union cabinet has approved Rs. 10,773 crore for first phase of Ahmedabad Metro Rail which is 37.76 km in length and covers two route. First route which is in east-west direction covers Thaltej gam, Doordarshan kendra, Gurukul road, Gujarat University, Commerce college six roads, Stadium, Shahpur, Gheekanta, Kalupur railway station, Kankaria, Amraivadi, Rabari colony, Nirant char rasta etc areas on 20.31 km long stretch including 13.71 km elevated and 6.6 km underground route. The first phase of Metro project is going to complete in year 2018.
- In videos: Two Patidar community events at same time, one for progress, another for politics
- Coherent administration, substantial and sustainable social growth and bottom-up approach: Rupani on 4 years of Modi govt in Centre
- Prime Minister to inaugurate Eastern Peripheral Expressway and Phase -I of Delhi-Meerut Expressway
- Health department inquiry team visit Adnai run G K hospital in Bhuj even as 111 children deaths confirmed this year
- Forest Guard attacked by Lioness in Gujarat
- Son of Gujarat completes four years as PM, far longer period compared to earlier Gujarati PM Morarji Desai; Gujarat Congress protests titling it as Vishwasghat Diwas, fields Narmada tweet row fame Rajiv Satav to lead it