Dukhtaran-e-Milat chief hits out at actor Salman KhanMay 19, 2015
Asiya Andrabi, chief of women’s separatist group ‘Dukhtaran-e-Milat’ (Daughters of Faith), Tuesday came down heavily on Bollywood superstar Salman Khan for advocating re-opening of cinema theatres in the Kashmir Valley.
“Salman Khan is acting like an Indian agent to help cultural aggression of Kashmir by India,” Asiya told reporters here.
The anti-Indian outfit leader said India was planning to export whatever is “immoral” and “un-Islamic” into Kashmir through the medium of cinema and for this, agents like Salman Khan were being used. She asserted that re-opening of cinema theatres would be opposed at all costs by her group.
“We will not allow cinema halls to function in Kashmir. Whatever be the cost…,” she said.
Salman Khan had on Sunday advocated the re-opening of cinema theatres in the Valley asserting that everyone here watches movies on television and even through pirated CDs and this could be checked if the Valley got its cinema theatres back.
Radical groups like the Dukhtaran-e-Milat campaigned against cinema halls, beauty parlours, wine shops and video parlours in the Valley in the early 1990s and forced their closure.
No cinema hall has been able to restart operations in Kashmir since then.
- Gujarat loses over 18 lakh mobile numbers in March, but Jio adds 5.71 lakh and BSNL adds 43,000 numbers
- 28 centres for counting of votes for 26 Lok Sabha, 4 assembly seats in Gujarat
- Leader of Opposition Paresh Dhanani terms those who voted for Modi as fools
- PSLV-C46 successfully launches RISAT-2B
- Rs. 100 lakh crore investment in infra sector, Rs. 25 lakh crore in farm and rural sectors: NDA resolution
- Anil Ambani to withdraw defamation suits against Congress leaders others in Ahmedabad court