Mobile phone blasts in pocket, a youth suffers injuries in SuratJune 29, 2015
A youth was badly injured and taken to hospital for treatment after mobile phone (Intex company made) blasted in his pocket in public in Puna area of Surat city in south Gujarat. More details are awaited.
According to details available from Surat, Bhaveshbhai Yogi, resident of Radhe Park in Puna gaam area of Surat works as diamond worker.
He had bought a mobile phone made by Intex company.
Bhaveshbhai was speaking to his friends in Yogi Chowk area when his mobile phone blasted in pocket of his shirt.
Bhaveshbhai suffered injuries on left eye, hairs. He was taken for treatment, after which he was discharged.
A 30-year-old man, working in a diamond polishing unit here, received burn injuries to face and hand when his mobile phone, kept in the pocket, exploded.
The incident took place when Bhavesh Thakkar, resident of Puna Gam area, was sitting with his friends at a shop this afternoon.
“I had kept my mobile phone in the upper left pocket of shirt. Suddenly it exploded, causing severe burns on the left side of my face and on hands. The phone was totally destroyed in the explosion,” Thakkar told PTI.
He was taken to a nearby hospital, where he was discharged after preliminary treatment.
- Surat BJP Councillor, husband suspended from party over bribe case
- Aga Khan in Gujarat meets Chief Minister
- Gujarat govt forms SIT to probe Patan self immolation incident
- Vadodara hit and run case accused released on bails within hours after surrender
- Parul University account clerk found dead; his letter reveals 'wrongdoings' of management
- Construction of new Narmada Maiya bridge in Bharuch 75% over