News in brief from across GujaratJune 29, 2015
– A youth was badly injured and taken to hospital for treatment after mobile phone (Intex company made) blasted in his pocket in public in Puna area of Surat city in south Gujarat. More details are awaited.
– Ahmedabad rural Court in Ahmedabad is likely to announce verdict in Ahmedabad BMW hit and run case involving Vismay Shah on July 9. This new date has been given as drafting of judgement is pending.
– A 2-year old child was dead in hit and run case on Saturday in Ahmedabad’s Naherunagar/Manekbag area. The only detail available with police was that the car was white in color and driver was a woman. CCTV footages were procured and witnesses were found by police, after which a lady Alka Shah has been held in this case from Unjha town in north Gujarat. Alka had shifted to her sister’s house in Unjha after the accident. Her husband is associated with VIRGO pharma unit near Ahmedabad.
– Anti Terrorist Squad(ATS) has held Irfan Idris Qureshi from Shahdol in Madhya Pradesh in connection with 13 years old serial bomb blasts case. Irfan is accused of making bombs for blasts in Panchmahal district of Gujarat. He had sent circuit of bomb from Mathura and later he came to Godhra. Police had received information that Irfan was visiting his father in law’s house in rural Madhya Pradesh. Police team acted upon this brief and nabbed Irfan.
– Another dead body of lion has been found after flood in Saurashtra region of Gujarat today. Government has initiated search operation starting from Shetrunji dam site to entire river bank of Shetrunji in search of dead bodies of lions, humans and cattle.
- In videos: Two Patidar community events at same time, one for progress, another for politics
- Coherent administration, substantial and sustainable social growth and bottom-up approach: Rupani on 4 years of Modi govt in Centre
- Prime Minister to inaugurate Eastern Peripheral Expressway and Phase -I of Delhi-Meerut Expressway
- Health department inquiry team visit Adnai run G K hospital in Bhuj even as 111 children deaths confirmed this year
- Forest Guard attacked by Lioness in Gujarat
- Son of Gujarat completes four years as PM, far longer period compared to earlier Gujarati PM Morarji Desai; Gujarat Congress protests titling it as Vishwasghat Diwas, fields Narmada tweet row fame Rajiv Satav to lead it