Togadia comes out in open to support Patel reservation in GujaratSeptember 09, 2015
Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP) Supremo Pravin Togadia, a Patel himself, today came out openly and strongly to support the ongoing agitation of the politically storng Patel or Patidar community in Gujarat demanding their inclusion in the other backward classes (OBC) category for reservation benefits.
Taking to newsmen here Togadia said, ‘If the government does not heed to the demand of Patels, it would even become difficult for the its ministers to be seen outside their homes.’
Suggesting that the government should take serious note of the huge crowds in the pro reservation rallies of Patels in Ahmedabad and other towns of the state. “These were not hired crowds and reflects the anger of the people against the government which has done nothing to improve their lot,” he claimed.
Constructing flyovers and highways spending millions and neglecting the farm sector is no development,” the VHP leader said and urged the government to set their priorities right.
This is for the first time that the VHP leader has openly come out in support of the Patel quota agitation.
- Voter turnout in Gujarat Lok Sabha elections highest ever at estimated 63.68%; final figure is awaited
- Power of voter ID many times more than weapon of terrorists IED: PM Modi after casting vote
- Live: Gujarat votes for all 26 seats of Lok Sabha
- Alpesh Thakor in Facebook Live appeals Thakors to vote against Congress candidates
- For Congress campaign in Vadodara, actress Amisha Patel praises Gujarat development; BJP candidate posts video
- Modi, Shah, Advani, Jaitley, Rupani, Governors of two states in Gujarat to cast vote