Mark Zuckerberg reveals Steve Job advised him to visit a temple in IndiaSeptember 28, 2015
San Jose, California
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg in his opening remarks during the townhall interaction with Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi today revealed something that was limited to only his private talks.
Zuckerberg revealed that when Facebook was not doing well, Apple inc founder and his mentor Steve Job’s advise to him to visit a temple in India that he too had visited in troubled times.
“India is a personally very important to the history of our company here. This is the story I haven’t told publicly and very few people know but early on in our history when before things were really going well and we hit a tough patch and lot of people wanted to buy facebook I though we should sell a company, I went and I saw one of my mentors Steve Jobs and he told me that in order to reconnect to what I believed as the mission of the company, I should visit this temple that he had gone to in India early on in his evolution of thinking about what he wanted apple in his vision of the future to be and so when I traveled for almost a month and seeing the people, seeing how people connected and having an opportunity to feel how much better the world could be if I won’t had stronger ability to connect reinforced for me the importance of what we were doing. And that is something that I always remember over the last 10 years when we built Facebook.”
Zuckerberg received applause from Prime Minister Narendra Modi in response.
- Senior leaders are sidelined and neglected, I have sought time to meet Rahul Gandhi next week: Kunvarji Bavalia
- Court in Gujarat awards 10 years jail term to 2 including Talati for taking Rs 200 bribe
- RTO drive against fancy noisy modified silencers of bikes in Surat
- Centre issues gazette notification for immigration check posts at Surat airport
- Rupani to launch Shala Praveshotsav-2018 for urban areas on Friday from Gandhinagar
- Monsoon likely to set foot in Gujarat next week