Hindu Spiritual & Service Fair in Rajasthan begins tomorrowOctober 07, 2015
A four-day Hindu Spiritual and Service Fair (HSSF) focusing on various works undertaken by Hindu organisations will begin here tomorrow with spiritual leader Sri Sri Ravishankar making the inaugural note.
“Sri Sri Ravishankar, noted mentor of Art of Living, will inaugurate the fair and Dr Krishna Gopal, sah-sarkaryavahak of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), will be delivering a key note lecture,” HSSF Secretary Sanjay Kumar told a press conference today.
The fair will begin with hundreds of women carrying “mangal kalash yatra”, with a pot full of Gangajal on the roads of the city tomorrow, he added.
Participants in HSSF will deliberate on conservation of forests, sustainable environment, women empowerment, ecology with special reference to “Tulsi” bush and cow conservation, Kumar said.
The social and religious organisations of Hindus of national and international repute will showcase their works being done for the society, the secretary said.
A similar event is organised every year in Chennai since 2007 and this was for the first time in north India, Kumar said, adding there was no aim to generate money out of fair or stalls to be put up by participants.
- Nita Ambani performs Madhurashtakam, entire Ambani family dance on 'Gujju' song, Salman Khan dances as background artist at Isha Ambani's pre-wedding celebration in Udaipur
- Jagdish Thakkar PRO of PM Modi who also served as PRO of various Gujarat CMs passes away
- Jasdan by-poll: Fake news alert
- Nita Ambani visits Swadesh Bazaar - supporting 108 traditional Indian Crafts
- A group of 30 professors from Gujarat visit PM Modi after attending training programme in U.K.
- Gujarat to have Consul office of Kazakhstan; inauguration on Monday