Zuckerberg to hold Townhall meet in New Delhi on October 28October 16, 2015
From Lalit K Jha
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg will hold a Townhall Question and Answer session at IIT-Delhi later this month to connect with Indians, whom he described as “one of our most active and engaged communities” on the social media.
“More than 130 million people use Facebook in India. I’m looking forward to hearing directly from one of our most active and engaged communities,” Zuckerberg wrote on his Facebook post, wherein he announced to be hosting his next Townhall Q&A in Delhi on October 28.
“If you have a question, please ask below in the comments.To vote for a question, just like it. I’ll be answering questions from across Facebook as well as from a live audience at the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi,” Zuckerberg said.
Last month in Palo Alto, Zuckerberg hosted Prime Minister Narendra Modi for a Townhall Question and Answer session.
“India is personally very important to the history of our company here. This is a story that I have not told publicly and very few people know,” he said at the Facebook headquarters on September 27.
“Early on in our history, before things were really going well and we had hit a tough patch, and a lot of people wanted to buy Facebook and thought we should sell the company, I went and saw one of my mentors, Steve Jobs, and he told me that in order to reconnect with what I believed is the mission of the company, I should visit this temple that he had gone to in India early in his evolution of thinking about what he wanted Apple and his vision of the future to be,” he said.
“So I went and I traveled for almost a month and seeing the people, seeing how people connected, and having the opportunity to feel how much better the world could be if everyone had a stronger ability to connect, reinforced for me the importance of what we were doing. And that is something I have always remembered over the last ten years as we built Facebook,” Zuckerberg said.
- President of Seychelles to start his India trip by with visit to IIMA and GFSU in Gujarat today
- Senior leaders are sidelined and neglected, I have sought time to meet Rahul Gandhi next week: Kunvarji Bavalia
- Court in Gujarat awards 10 years jail term to 2 including Talati for taking Rs 200 bribe
- RTO drive against fancy noisy modified silencers of bikes in Surat
- Centre issues gazette notification for immigration check posts at Surat airport
- Rupani to launch Shala Praveshotsav-2018 for urban areas on Friday from Gandhinagar