BJP corporator shot dead in VaranasiNovember 04, 2015
A BJP corporator was shot dead by motorbike-borne assailants in Tulsipur area here last night.
Shiv Seth (40), BJP corporator from Ramapur ward, was returning from Kakarmatta area to his house in Ramapura last night when the unidentified attackers intercepted him midway near Motijheel, police said today.
They shot him in his back and temple before fleeing from the scene, Bhelupur Circle officer D P Shukla said.
Seth was rushed to a government hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, he said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem and an FIR against unidentified persons has been registered at Bhelupur police station, the Circle Officer said, adding that an investigation into the case was on.
Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh is the Lok Sabha constituency of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh Chairs 23rd Western Zonal Council meeting in Gandhinagar, out of 16 items discussed 14 resolved
- Not summoned Kotadiya for interrogation, no team sent for him:DIG CID Crime Dipankar Trivedi
- Rupani to lay foundation stone for Rs 39 crore KabirVad - Shukla Tirth tourism project
- ABB commissions India’s first industrial solar microgrid in Vadodara
- NHRC in Gujarat for open hearing
- Report of D K Trivedi Commission to be tabled in Gujarat Assembly in Monsoon Session: MoS Jadeja