BJP corporator shot dead in VaranasiNovember 04, 2015
A BJP corporator was shot dead by motorbike-borne assailants in Tulsipur area here last night.
Shiv Seth (40), BJP corporator from Ramapur ward, was returning from Kakarmatta area to his house in Ramapura last night when the unidentified attackers intercepted him midway near Motijheel, police said today.
They shot him in his back and temple before fleeing from the scene, Bhelupur Circle officer D P Shukla said.
Seth was rushed to a government hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, he said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem and an FIR against unidentified persons has been registered at Bhelupur police station, the Circle Officer said, adding that an investigation into the case was on.
Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh is the Lok Sabha constituency of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- Bodies of 3 Asiatic lions found in Eastern part of Gir forest in last 48 hours
- Govt of India announces hike in interest rates for Small Savings Schemes
- Ahimsadham in Kutch opens burns ward for cattle in wake of increasing incidents of acid attacks
- Chargeable parking: Gujarat HC gives interim relief to malls and multiplexes
- Passengers suffer nose and ear bleeding in Jet Airways Mumbai - Jaipur flight
- 44 lakh families in Gujarat to benefit from Ayushyaman Bharat scheme; launch on September 23