BJP corporator shot dead in VaranasiNovember 04, 2015
A BJP corporator was shot dead by motorbike-borne assailants in Tulsipur area here last night.
Shiv Seth (40), BJP corporator from Ramapur ward, was returning from Kakarmatta area to his house in Ramapura last night when the unidentified attackers intercepted him midway near Motijheel, police said today.
They shot him in his back and temple before fleeing from the scene, Bhelupur Circle officer D P Shukla said.
Seth was rushed to a government hospital where doctors declared him brought dead, he said.
The body has been sent for post-mortem and an FIR against unidentified persons has been registered at Bhelupur police station, the Circle Officer said, adding that an investigation into the case was on.
Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh is the Lok Sabha constituency of Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- President attends Gujarat University’s 66th convocation, 56,159 students awarded degree
- President of India interacts with startups of Gujarat University
- Won't allow creation of atmosphere of fear in Gujarat:In-charge DGP to anti-Padmawat protesters
- Anti Social elements mix up with protesters in Surat, heckle PI, mistreat lady police official
- Karni Sena Gujarat chief warns to resign if Padmaavat protesters continue to targeting public property
- Suspected anti Padmawat protesters torch bus of Khambat depot in central Gujarat