Give votes as Bhai beej gift, make all BJP candidates victorious:CM in roadshowNovember 17, 2015
During her maiden roadshow to campaign for the candidates of ruling BJP for November 22 elections of Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation, Chief Minister Mrs. Anandiben Patel today appealed the local voters to give her votes as ‘a gift of Bhai beej (bhaiya dooj) to their sister’ .
Mrs. Patel who started her road show from Surelia in the eastern part of the city, repeatedly appealed the voters on the public address system from her vehicle to vote for the BJP as a brother’s gift.
‘I am a sister of Gujarat and sister of yours. For some I am younger and for some elder. I appeal to my brothers to vote for BJP as a Bhai beej gift. The festival has gone by just four days ago. It is a tradition to not to let the sister go empty handed whenever she comes to her brother’s place. Now I am here and I have just one request, please press the lotus button and give me a gift by making all the BJP candidates victorious,’ the CM said amid applauds and cheers of the party activists.
The road show passed through Asarwa, Memco and other localities, to culminate near police commissioner’s office in Shahibag.
It also focused on localities which have sizable population of migrants from Bihar, Uttar Pradesh and other states.
- Gujarat HC rejects Ahmed Patel's plea seeking dismissal of Rajput's petition challenging his election to RS
- ACB nabs Sarpanch in central Gujarat taking bribe of Rs 30000
- Bitcoin case: CID crime gets 7 days remand of main accused LCB PI Anant Patel
- DRI seizes 34 containers with illegally imported raw sesame seed worth over 4.5 crores from Sudan by North Gujarat based importer
- RMC removes illegally erected Ambedkar statues, Protesters issue ultimatum
- Gujarat Police cracks Surat rape and murder case