GCA pacer Jasprit in T 20 team for Aussie seriesJanuary 18, 2016
Gujarat fast bowler Jasprit Bumrah (22), who played important role in the recent maiden win of his team in Vijay Hazare Trophy, was today selected in the T 20 Indian Team to play a series in Australia as replacement of injured pacer Mohammed Sami.
22 year old Jasprit will be third player from Gujarat state (though all from different cricket associations) in the 15 member T 20 team led by M S Dhoni.
In the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy Jasprit took 14 wickets in nine matches.
The 15 member Indian team which is scheduled to play three T 20 matches starting January 26 will also have all rounder Hardik Pandya (22) of Baroda Cricket Association.
While the third team member of Gujarati origin is star all rounder Ravindra Jadeja (27), a resident of Jamnagar who played Ranji matches from Saurashtra Cricket Association team.
Gujarat Cricket Association Media Manager Manish Shah expressed happiness on Jasprit’s selection and informed that he would leave for Australia on January 22 along with other T20 team members – Yuvraj Singh, Harbhajan Singh, Ashish Nehra, Suresh Raina and Hardik Pandya,
Other members of the T 20 squad are Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Ajinkya Rahane, Suresh Raina, R Ashwin, Bhuvaneshwar Kumar and Ashish Nehra.
- No truth in reports of my resignation: Bharatsinh Solanki clarifies
- Over 10 office of Samrudh Jeevan cooperative raided and sealed in Gujarat
- Police foils Love-Jihad bid, nabs Muslim youth with married Gujarati girl from Mumbai airport
- Suzlon bags 500 MW wind power projects in Gujarat
- Advocates held angry demonstration in New Vadodara district court premises on the very first working day
- 22 MoUs signed in Civil Aviation sector in last two vibrant Gujarat summits, 19 of them in initial stage: Gujarat govt