Central team visiting Vapi to review the ‘critically polluted zone’ statusJanuary 19, 2016
While industrial town Vapi in south Gujarat is seeking removal of ‘critically polluted zone’ tag attached to it which prevents environment clearance to all new industrial projects and expansion of existing industrial units, an important meeting in this regard is going to be held today at Vapi Green Enviro Ltd office in presence of union ministry of environment and forest’s joint secretary and regional officer.
It is learnt that the meeting will be attended by MoEF joint secretary Manojkumar Singh, regional officer Dipak Gautam, Gujarat government’s MoEF secretary Punamchandra Parmar, Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation(GIDC) VCMD Manoj Agrawal, GPCM member secretary Hardik Shah, GPCB Vapi unit head VR Dhadge, CPCB Vadodara zonal officer CK Naidu and district collector Ravikumar Arora.
The central govt team will visit common affluent treatment plant and center of excellence in Vapi.
It should be mentioned here that Vapi Green Enviro Ltd has recently claimed that it has achieved success in CETO outlet results as per benchmark fixed by the government. While water related pollution has been controlled, enough steps are being taken to control air and solids related pollution.
- First train from Detroj carrying Maruti cars to leave on Saturday
- RIL acquires stake in Saavn for JioMusic, forms India's largest platform for music; combined entity valued at over US$ 1 billion
- Tell us who all in India used your services: GoI in notice to Cambridge Analytica
- Arvind Limited launches CREYATE
- 33% hike in political pension for Dang’s kings, Nayaks, Bhaubandhs
- Petrol and diesel under GST would be loss-making business for States: Nitin Patel