Gandhinagar gets Rs 31 lakh mobile library with 8,000 booksMarch 18, 2016
Gandhinagar Municipal Corporation(GMC) on Thursday launched Rs 31 lakh moving library in a bus. The library has 8,000 books(2,384 English, 4,666 Gujarati, 1,333 Hindi books). The library will arrive at pre-fixed place once every 15th day on its route and stay there for two hours. Readers will be able to read books sitting inside the van and also be able to borrow the books. GMC claims that as many as 9,000 citizens have become member of this library before its opening. They have been issued identity cards. The bus was flagged off in GMC campus along with inauguration of a dispensary for cattle.
- Shankar Chaudhary announces 11.10% price difference worth Rs. 671.71 crore to milk producers in Banas Dairy AGM
- ACB nabs ASI red handed taking bribe in police station in Gujarat
- Cyclone VAYU to take a recurve towards Gujarat tonight
- Vadgam MLA Jignesh Mevani booked on school principal's complaint over a tweet
- Jamnagar BJP Councillor reaches Ass. Commissioner's office with stick in hand, creates ruckus, video goes viral
- Nitin appeals State doctors to withdraw their June 17 strike call