Gujarat govt hikes DA for employees/pensioners by 6%April 22, 2016
Gujarat government has raised dearness allowance of state government employees and pensioners by 6% taking it to 125% from earlier 119% with the retrospective effect from January 1, 2016.
This hike will put an additional burden of Rs 829.32 crore per annum on the state Exchequer, a statement by the government said.
An estimated over four lakh employees and pensioners will be benefited by this hike.
- PM Modi, BJP chief Amit Shah at BJP headquarters after historic Lok Sabha victory
- Amid Modi's Tsunami, BJP wins all the 26 seats of his home-state Gujarat again, 15 with a margin of more than 3 lakh votes, Shah registers record win in Gandhinagar
- I accept moral responsibility of defeat all seats of Gujarat: Amit Chavda
- PM removes Chowkidar prefix from his twitter handle, explains the reason
- Two seats of Rajya Sabha in Gujarat to fall vacant as Shah, Smriti elected to Lok Sabha
- BJP wins all four assembly seats in Gujarat by-polls