Firing during wedding: FIR against Ravindra Jadeja’s relativeApril 25, 2016
An FIR has been filed with regard to the celebratory firing during the wedding of Indian cricketer Ravindra Jadeja here on April 17.
Jadeja, currently playing for Gujarat Lions in the IPL, married Riva Solanki on April 17.
During the procession to the marriage venue, one of the relatives of Jadeja fired six rounds in the air from a pistol.
The act was caught on camera.
“We had sought visuals and other videos related to the marriage from the Jadeja family and after examining them thoroughly we found that a person had opened fire in the air,” said M N Rana of Lodhika tehsil police station.
“He is Kripalsinh Jadeja, a maternal relative of Ravindra Jadeja,” Rana said.
“We have lodged an FIR against him under IPC section 336 (act endangering life or personal safety of others) and section 30 of the Arms Act,” Rana said.
Police were investigating whether his arms license had expired, the police officer added. No arrest has been made.
- Amit Shah writes nine-page letter to Chandrababu Naidu
- First train from Detroj carrying Maruti cars to leave on Saturday
- RIL acquires stake in Saavn for JioMusic, forms India's largest platform for music; combined entity valued at over US$ 1 billion
- Tell us who all in India used your services: GoI in notice to Cambridge Analytica
- Arvind Limited launches CREYATE
- 33% hike in political pension for Dang’s kings, Nayaks, Bhaubandhs