Firing during wedding: FIR against Ravindra Jadeja’s relativeApril 25, 2016
An FIR has been filed with regard to the celebratory firing during the wedding of Indian cricketer Ravindra Jadeja here on April 17.
Jadeja, currently playing for Gujarat Lions in the IPL, married Riva Solanki on April 17.
During the procession to the marriage venue, one of the relatives of Jadeja fired six rounds in the air from a pistol.
The act was caught on camera.
“We had sought visuals and other videos related to the marriage from the Jadeja family and after examining them thoroughly we found that a person had opened fire in the air,” said M N Rana of Lodhika tehsil police station.
“He is Kripalsinh Jadeja, a maternal relative of Ravindra Jadeja,” Rana said.
“We have lodged an FIR against him under IPC section 336 (act endangering life or personal safety of others) and section 30 of the Arms Act,” Rana said.
Police were investigating whether his arms license had expired, the police officer added. No arrest has been made.
- School, colleges, university, govt, semi govt, local body offices to remain shut on Friday
- 4th Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) of Ahmedabad Metro Rail Project launched at Kalupur
- Trough caused up to South Gujarat will cause some good rainfall tomorrow and day after
- Former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee passes away
- Rupani postpones scheduled programmes, flies to Delhi to visit AIIMS
- Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee: life and works