Lal Salam terror: Naxals have links with groups in Philippines, EuropeApril 26, 2016
The Naxals have close links with Maoist organisations in the Philippines and Turkey and get support from several organisations in Europe, Lok Sabha was informed today.
“The CPI(Maoist) has close links with foreign Maoist organisations in Philippines, Turkey etc. The outfit is also a member of the Coordination Committee of Maoist Parties and Organisations of South Asia,” Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said replying to a written question.
The Maoist parties of South Asian countries are members of this conglomerate. Besides, Left Wing Extremist groups have participated in conferences/seminars conducted in Belgium and Germany.
“The so-called ‘People’s War’ being waged by the CPI(Maoist) against the Indian state has also drawn support from several Maoist fringe organisations located in Germany, France, Turkey, Italy etc.,” he said.
Recovery of arms and ammunition of foreign origin from LWE in different encounters is an indication of the fact that they are procuring weapons from different sources.
“Inputs indicate that some senior cadres of the Communist Party of Philippines imparted training to the cadres of CPI (Maoist) in 2005 and 2011,” he said.
- Industry Commissioner to hold meeting in Surat for proposed Pinjrat Mega Textile Park
- Bavalia participates in community meet, Chotila MLA, ex-MLA also present
- Six including PI booked in another Bitcoin fraud case in Gujarat
- Chintan Shivir of Gujarat BJP to prepare the road-map for Loksabha polls begins, Amit Shah to participate tomorrow
- Monsoon advances further in Gujarat, IMD intensifies warning, NDRF teams also alerted
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi's today's Mann Ki Baat address in full text