Parshottam Rupala to be elected to Rajya Sabha from GujaratMay 28, 2016
Shri Parshottam Khodabhai Rupala, national vice president of ruling Bharatiya Janata Party(BJP) and former Gujarat BJP President will become member of Rajya Sabha again.
Rupala will be elected to Rajya Sabha from Gujarat after one seat by-election scheduled to take place on 11 June. The seat is vacat due to demise of Congress MP Pravin Rashtrapal. Rupala will remain Rajya Sabha MP for the period left in Rashtrapal’s term.
Rupala has been Rajay Sabha MP from Gujarat in the past. He had replaced Keshubhai Patel in Rajya Sabha from Gujarat quota at that time.
Born in 1954 at Isvaria in Amreli district of Gujarat Rupala is B.Sc., B.Ed from Suarashtra University and Gujarat University. He was Amreli district BJP president during 1988-91, Secretary of Gujarat BJP in 1992, General Secretary and Spokesperson of Gujarat BJP during 2005-2006. State president in 2006, national vice president from 2010 till now. Incharge of Andhra Pradesh BJP during 2010-13 and National Kisan Morcha of BJP and incharge of Goa BJP. He has been MLA and minister in Gujarat.
- Chief Minister Rupani on two-day visit to Rajkot attends number of function, launches Rs 175 crore projects
- Boy falls in open gutter during rain in Surat, dies
- Valedictory of Youth Parliament of India 2018 at Karnavati University
- CMO official, Resident Commissioner of Gujarat in Delhi meet Israel ambassador
- City police commissioner's touching message to cops after Rath Yatra
- Heavy to very heavy rain warning for Gujarat; Southern Gujarat coast to have squally weather