Gadkari announces 675 km Rashtriya Mahamargs, Rs 1 lakh crore projects for GujaratMay 30, 2016
Union Road and Transport minister Shri Nitin Gadkari today made several announcements regarding ongoing and proposed road projects in Gujarat.
Gadkari in his speech while launching the works for Somnath – Bhavnagar coastal highway in Gujarat today afternoon said, 25 projects worth 8,752 crore have kicked off in Gujarat in length of 866 km while 12 projects worth Rs 4,916 crore in length of 328 km will kick off within next 3 months. He said Detailed Project Report(DPR) for 18 projects in Gujarat are in progress and work orders will be awarded in one year period. These projects are worth Rs 41,000 crore and in length of 2,412 km.
Gadkari said the government led by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved Rs 473 crore under CRF fund and 4 railway under/over bridges worth Rs 561 crore under Setu Bharatam.
He said 1200 km roads will be built in Gujarat in next years.
Gadkari on this occasion announced 12 highways in length of 675 km as Rashtriya Mahamarg.They include Malliya-Dhrol-Jamnagar-Khambhalia-Dwarka-Okha, Bhavnagar-Essar-Fatehpur-Karjan 200 km, Narayan Sarovar-Lakhpat 33 km, Bilimora-Tithal-Umarsadi, Ankleshwar-Jhagadia-Rajpipla-Kevadia colony 72 km.
He also announced Ankleshwar-Valia-Netrang, Radhanpur-Mahesana-Vadnagar-Shamlaji as Rashtriya Mahamarg.
Gadkari said Ahmedabad-Dholera express way project’s Detailed Project Report(DPR) is in final stage and works will start soon.
He said in two years Gujarat will witness over Rs 1 lakh crore works only in road sector. He added that the centre will be ready to allocate ever Rs 10-15,000 crore more if needed.
- Shah terms Gujarat polls a 'battle of prestige', appeals for uprooting Congress, 3/4th majority for BJP
- Gujarat Congress also passes unanimous resolution regarding promotion of Rahul as party president
- Congress party led by a family has been always against Gujarat and Gujaratis: Modi
- If Congress was doing so good, why 25% of its MLAs left it before election: Modi
- 15 days parole for prisoners aged 60 and above on Diwali: Gujarat govt
- CM to open Gujarat's 2nd Lion Safari park at Ambardi in Dhari taluka of Amreli tomorrow