Gadkari announces Dwarka-Somnath highway, Okha – Bet Dwarka bridge projectsMay 30, 2016
Union Road and Transport minister Shri Nitin Gadkari today at Somnath made announcement on various road projects his ministry has approved for Gujarat.
Shri Gadkari while launching the works for Somnath – Bhavnagar four lane cement concrete coastal highway project made announcement that Somnath – Dwarka – Porbandar coastal highway project’s Detailed Project Report(DPR) is in final stage and works for Rs 3,000 crore cement concrete highway will kick off before next 15th of August.
In response to chief minister and state road and building minister’s demand that Okha and Bet Dwarka should be connected through construction of a new coastal bridge, Shri Nitin Gadkari announced approval to this project and said a signature bridge project worth Rs 400 crore will kick off soon. Gadkari said PM had told him that the bridge should have glass tunnel part at one end toward Bet Dwarka . In this reference Gadkari asked Gujarat government to provide related suggestion to fulfill the dream of Prime Minister Modi.
Gadkari said building this bridge is connected to faith of this country.
It should be mentioned that Bet Dwarka is accessible presently through private ferry boats that operate under supervision of Gujarat Maritime Board(GMB) from Okha Port which is situated at half and hour distance from pilgrim town Dwarka.
- DGP suspends then CID Crime Inspector Sheikh in Rs 2 crore bribe case
- Police constable attacks and injure Cricketer Ravinder Jadeja's wife, arrested
- New startling twist in Bitcoin case: complainant Shailesh Bhatt himself is the main culprit
- Amit Shah speaks on Karnataka assembly election results 2018
- Uno Minda Group commissions Rs 450 crore alloy wheel & 4W switch plants in Gujarat
- Gujarat govt launches 'Trinetra' initiative for drone surveillance of mineral areas