PM on official visit to Switzerland, Mexico next week: MEAMay 30, 2016
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will be on an official visit to Switzerland and Mexico next week, the External Affairs Ministry announced today.
These visits would be part of Modi’s five-nation trip beginning June 4 which will also cover Afghanistan, Qatar and the US. MEA has already formally announced Prime Minister’s visit to Qatar and the US.
Modi will visit Switzerland on June 5-6, MEA said, adding with growing bilateral trade and foreign investment, India and Switzerland enjoy strong economic ties.
“During the stay, Modi and Swiss President Johann Schneider-Ammann will hold discussions on bilateral, regional and multilateral issues of mutual interest,” MEA said.
The Prime Minister will also be travelling to Mexico on a brief working visit on June 8 at the invitation of Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto.
Asserting that bilateral relations between India and Mexico have witnessed renewed vigour and activity in the last two years, the MEA said the main objective of Modi’s visit would be to carry forward the momentum in the bilateral relations and discuss cooperation in areas such as space, energy, agriculture and science and technology among others.
The two leaders will also be discussing various multilateral issues during the visit, it added. PTI
- Nachiket Barve’s “R|Elan™ Millennial Maharanis” collection, unveiled at source India 2018 - Surat
- Jio parters with Star to provide India-Cricket content to Jio users
- Emami Paper Mills Ltd to invest 2,000 crore in Gujarat; foundation stone laid for the plant in Bhauch
- None of 11 lions found dead in 2 ranges of Gir East forest were infected by virus:Gujarat Forest department chief
- PM Modi may visit Gujarat again in next fortnight
- SMC standing committee completes formality about rise in corporators salary